Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mental Recession? and Facebook!

Hi everyone. So what's new? Well, I'm not depressed--so I've got that going for me. I was quite interested in Phil Graham's comments about our "Mental Recession." I must admit, politics and public policy are a considerable interest and I suspect this is probably the safest place for me to discuss--the water cooler tends to lead to arguments, etc. :) Anyway, I've rendered Sen. Graham's words through my obtuse mind and come to the conclusion that he's probably correct overall--although I give him very low marks for delivery. We "Americans" tend to magnify any bad news or bad trends and downplay the positive. I find it fascinating--maybe it's just human nature. My opinions for what they are worth--personally I'm working on improving my daily journey and making incremental progress.

On a lighter note, I have discovered face book. I asked my son to help me send a message to an old friend via face book and he said I should just get an account because it's the "adult myspace." With his encouragement I invested 10 minutes and immediately had cross reference contacts with about 100 people of lost contact. Ain't technology grand? I'm just proud of myself for overcoming my innate fear of technology and thankful I do listen to my son from time to time. That's it for now. Gotta go play in face book a while and see if it holds other wonders and miracles. Have a wonderful day!!

No comments: