Hola everyone. Today I departed for a military adventure--I deploy to Afghanistan in September and am now in a pipeline training status. Can't get too specific for security reasons, but I did pack my bags and flew away from home. Right now I'm in the Gulf Coast region for some preparation and training. Just got here and a little anxious and ambivalent about process. My plan is to stay flexible and do my best. Patience is a virtue that should serve me well in this process.
Anyway, I hope to use this blog as a way to track my progress through this deployment and see how I manage. I believe it will be useful to look back at a living history of this adventure and see how I work it out as a human. See what's different about me, my family and whoever else this may impact. The world is a mysterious place and the more I struggle through the less I know. Hopefully that means I'm finding peace. We'll see.
Anyway, first things first. I got the local plan and also locked into the nearest AA meetings. I feel pretty good overall. My family is much more anxious than I am and we are fortunate to have daily communications so far. It's pleasant to hear from them and know I can just call whenever I want--and to know they can do the same. I hope to have good communications when I get into the combat zone. There I go getting ahead of myself. OK, enough for today so I'll sign off. Best/jw
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment